Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Road Rage

I almost died today while I was driving down the highway. It is one of those moments when you think about your life and the what could have been or what could be flashes before your eyes....

So I am driving on 90 and I change lanes. All of a sudden this guy starts laying his horn because he is speeding up behind me and doesn't like that I just got in "his" lane. He starts driving on the side of the road and swerving back and forth. Then he gets in the lane next to me and starts edging closer and closer to my vehicle. Trying to either push me off the side of the road or get me to look over. At this point there are mixed feelings. I am a little pissed off, but also a little scared. I know that I am in my lane and have the right of way so if he tries to push me out or push me off the road it will be his fault etc. So I continue driving. Eventually he speeds up and gets in front of the guy in front of me, but obviously is taking this to an entirely new level when it comes to road rage because he suddenly slams on his breaks attempting to make me hit the guy in front of me... but obviously that doesn't happen. Meanwhile the guy in front of me is trying to get over and cannot because the guy in front of him (angry guy in black town car) is continually slamming on his breaks and trying to cause an accident. Then, if you think that isn't good enough it gets better. Because the guy in front of me from Minnesota obviously is going to miss his exit because of angry town car guy so Minnesota stops in the left lane on 90 and waits to get over. Meanwhile, many angry drivers are speeding around us, making it harder for Minnesota to get over to his exit and also impossible for me to continue driving.

All the while, angry town car guy is just sitting a few car lengths ahead on the highway waiting.... Not joking! He was stopped on the highway in the left lane, waiting.

Finally Minnesota gets through and makes it to his exit, I start driving and so does angry town car guy up ahead. I see him change lanes to the right and I know what game he is playing. So I speed up to the flow of normal highway traffic and suddenly when riding even with angry town car guy he starts trying to push me off the road again. I lay on my horn and do not budge or let him push me over because again I know that if he is going to hit me it would be his fault. Finally he cuts over three lanes and gets off at the same exit as Minnesota guy.

Mind you the entire time this is a town car, with a driver, driving a passenger somewhere. So either they both thought it was funny and were in on some sick prank, or the driver is insane and will be reported. Either way it was ridiculous and the most absurd version of road rage I have seen in a long time. Sometimes I feel like my life should be on film because I know that people do not or would not believe this kind of thing unless they saw it themselves.

So maybe the assumption that I almost died is a little over dramatic and maybe it is dumb to say that, but I can tell you that I honestly wasn't sure if this guy was going to bash me into the side wall on the highway going 80mph or if he was going to cut me off and slam on and force me to rear end him. It was one of those situations that even if I slowed down and tried to let him pass he just wouldn't.

Was I on reality TV? In the middle of a car chase scene? Was this person insane? Where or what part of this makes it even seem logical that they would have any sort of rage toward me except that I turned into the left lane going 80 when they thought they should be going 95 or more... Umm... IDK.

Anyways. I guess that is all for now. Just don't understand people or why they think any behavior like this endangering many people is acceptable. And more so, how is it possible that there was a passenger in this vehicle the entire time and at no point did that person tell the driver to stop playing this awful game that was also endangering them?!

I think we should all have road monitors in our vehicles that keep us on the road or allow department of transportation to revoke our license if we are dumb. It would save a whole lot of trouble and a whole lot of lives if we were able to keep theses crazies off the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment