Friday, November 15, 2013

Time gets away...

I know I have been kind of slacking on this blog writing things, but that's because I have been writing. I am participating in the NaNoWriMo contest this year and that is a challenge to write a 50,000 word book in the month of November.

Check out my book and info here: http://nanowrimo.org/participants/hulia2786/novels

So... I was thinking about all of this and just how much fun writing is. I could pump out a ton of books if all I did was write all day. I have been home for a few hours and already have a few thousand words in. I love it! I was a little hesitant at first, but then I decided about day four of the challenge that I should join in and that it was better late than never. So technically I did not pre-planning and didn't even start writing until 4 days after everyone else.... so if I do meet or exceed this challenge then I am going to be jumping for joy because I will have really pushed myself this time.

I also realized it is so much easier to write fiction than memoir or self reflective stuff. The words just poor onto the page when I am not worrying what people will think or how they will feel. I just know that I can be free and write whatever story comes to my mind.

Of course I am a girl so there will be relationship and lovey dovey stuff, but I am also a fan of suspense and thrillers, so we will see how this story flows. Will it end happy or will it end sad? I honestly don't know... So I guess I had better get back to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment