Thursday, October 24, 2013

Music

Music moves me and it soothes my soul. Some times I just sit back ... Humming a tune ... Not knowing where it's coming from. I want to as lyrics an a piano or a guitar - I want to write music not just books or poems. 

All my life I have been drawn to this. Drawn to music. Drawn to writing. I always in myself denying this dream because I don't want to be famous or live in a glass house. I have this tainted view of what my life would be like if I actually put my heart into something bigger than me. I worry that I won't be able to do it or I won't be able to play well enough. 

But then I wonder- what is my dream and why do I have it? I love music and I love singing. I dream of working on something that I can call my own and I wonder what that would look like or feel like. Then I sit back and listen to people all around me who are doing what they love and a small slice of jealousy creeps in. 

I wouldn't want to be famous - I just want to embrace what's within. I wouldn't do it to show off - I just want to share. 

I have a long road ahead of me and so much more to do ... But tonight I felt inspired and I wanted to share it with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment