Friday, October 4, 2013

Food

I just finished my lunch and it consisted of: spinach, tomato, broccoli, cauliflower salad with no dressing and an apple. Ugh. Well.... here is to healthy eating and getting on the right path!

So I have decided to go Gluten Free ... for sure... and am looking into the Paleo lifestyle. This is all new to me and crazy because it's different and difficult. I have been doing this for 3 days now and it's already hard. I want ice cream, sweets, bread, etc. It's so hard to say no to things when they are sitting all around you all day long!

Food = Temptation

This is such a difficult concept for me. Now, mind you, I have food allergies and I have never really been consistent with following that dietary plan that keeps the allergic food out of my diet. So - for the first time in my life I am fighting myself to stay consistent with food. All I want to do is bake! or eat this really delicious and huge muffin sitting across the lunchroom!

But I must say that I think this is a good decision and really the best decision I have made for myself and my body in a long time. It is responsible and safe. I am choosing to refrain from putting foods that are toxic to me in my body - What a concept?! I know.

So - I know this is difficult for me but I do have support and that is the best thing in the world. Everyone who decides to make a decision that will tempt or challenge them this greatly needs someone to support them and hold them accountable. It is difficult, but I plan to stick to it.

What decisions in your life do you need to make? What challenges do you face that you need a support system for? What temptations do you encounter that you need someone to hold you accountable for?

I know food seems like such a simple thing, but you have no idea. When you talk to me about food, I can describe things that will make your mouth water because I love food so much! I love cooking and baking! This is such a new journey for me. I have to re-learn how to love food, cooking, and baking in a whole new way!

Eek! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment