Monday, July 15, 2013

Directional Moving...

My lease is up in 2 months and I have been struggling with what to do and where to go.

Job = Park Ridge
School = Chicago
Church = Bloomingdale
Mission Students = Carol Stream
Chris = Hammond, IN
Family = Plainfield

I am generally pulled in a lot of different directions. I have moved every year or more frequently than every year for as long as I can remember. It was never a stressful or difficult decision. It generally was a fast, quick and easy decision. I haven't been able to put my finger on it yet but last night at dinner I was able to when I was talking with my brother. I have always had a direction - I have always been going somewhere with a purpose. This is the first time I am leaving for a reason, but not going somewhere ... so ... I am seeking a direction or a focus.

I have decided that I want my home to be close to where my life is but that is so difficult because my life is so spread out right now and it has never been this spread out before. I wish I could just ball it up in a close little space - that would be nice, but that time will come when things will hopefully come a little closer together.

For now... I have to figure things out... make a plan - what is that plan? Well... I have two months to figure it out before I am homeless... lol. So I guess we will see soon enough - maybe I will do something temporary that will allow me to really have the opportunity to have a roommate or a nicer place. We will see :)

I'm just waiting and praying for that direction because I have never been in this position before. All of this is new territory for me. Which is so crazy to think of because if I listed all the time I have moved in my life you would be blown away...

Roselle
Aurora
Plainfield
Downers Grove
Plainfield
Montgomery
Plainfield
Ohio
Montgomery
Romeoville
Woodridge
Aurora
Romeoville
Naperville
Romeoville
Lincoln
Romeoville - house
Romeoville - hotel
Effingham
Columbus - house
Columbus - church
Lincoln - Campus View Dr
Lincoln - Married Student housing
Woodridge

That's as far back as I can remember....  is 24 moves in 27 years too many? IDK - I guess the real question is .... is 16 moves in 9 years too many? I have always felt like I have been pulled in a direction - I never want to stray from that pull because I don't want to miss anything. I feel like I am restless... but I dont feel that pull in any direction....

so ... let's just see where life takes me...

No comments:

Post a Comment