Monday, June 17, 2013

what matters?

I saw the new apple commercial and it was slightly inspirational. I just wonder ... what matters to you? what inspires you?

This is it - This is what matters - the experience - how it makes you feel - will it make life better? does it deserve to exist? spend a lot of time on a few great things. enhance life. rarely look at it, but always feel it. make it your signature. make it mean everything.

Do  we do this? Do we commemorate the moments that we need to preserve? Do we focus on the things that inspire us? Do we spend time on what is important to us? We should! If we are not? Then, what are we doing instead?

There are so many things that matter to me but I know that I do not have time for them all. I do not have the energy to spend commemorating every moment that matters. I do not have the time to focus on everything that inspires me. I do not have the desire to follow through on everything that is important to me. I know this is not the right answer, but I also know that I have to decide what is on the top of the list and what is on the bottom.

When I am inspired in the kitchen I love technology and how it helps me in the baking and cooking process. Because I don't know how many time I have been saved when I was missing an ingredient and had to figure out how to substitute. Awesome... I love google! lol.

Also - when I have a thought or an idea I have to write it down... if I don't I loose it. This is were I dislike technology sometimes, because if you do not save it right then you loose the whole thing and you can never write the same thing twice.

I have all these awesome teaching ideas that come into my head all the time just randomly, but teaching is so far away... that is ... if I teach. I know that I will complete my degree so that I have finished, but I wonder if I will actually teach when all is said and done. I know that I make more money now than I will as a teacher and that is so disheartening, but it is the truth. But I am passionate about education in general. I have decided that as long as I can be in some sort of educational field in general then I would be satisfied, even if that was in my current field. We will have to see how all that works out I guess. Student teaching will come between now and then and that is an entire semester of not working.... eek! Lets see how that all pans out!

But then we come back to what matters.... what matters to me is just this.... writing. I think about a life full of writing every day - all day. Nothing else. Just sitting in a cafe, on a beach, at a pool, near a window, in a house, watching snow fall, or whatever a normal person would be doing... just doing all of that and writing. If I could write every day and make enough money to survive and pay my bills, then I would do nothing else. Can you even imagine that?

Imagine the one thing that you would love to do every day all day long... now imagine if you could make money doing that and actually do that for a living. Something you love and are fully passionate about. Can you imagine what life would be like if everyone could do what they actually loved doing?

I know... I know.. then the jobs that needed to get done wouldn't get done. Nobody would collect the garbage, mow the lawns, unclog the sewers, etc... but.... I'm sure those jobs make lots of money! lol....

I don't know - Just think about what matters to you.


This is it - This is what matters - the experience - how it makes you feel - will it make life better? does it deserve to exist? spend a lot of time on a few great things. enhance life. rarely look at it, but always feel it. make it your signature. make it mean everything.

This is what matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment