Friday, June 14, 2013

Take a STAND

STAND for what you believe in... whatever that may be because it means something to you and that should mean something. Standing for what you believe also speaks to your character, who you are as a person, your personality, loyalty, trustworthiness, etc. Standing up for what you believe in also shares a piece of you with those around you. You are able to share what you believe with the people near and dear to you without having to preach anything onto them or make them necessarily feel directly defensive.

Today I was told a story of a man who took a stand - one that was diplomatic, defensive, supportive, and filled with passion. He literally stood to his feet to place a hand of comfort on a family friend in order to tell her something she needed to hear dearly. Something she needed to hear from someone other than her friend, family, or support system. To tell her she had done nothing wrong. To tell her exactly what she needed in that moment to keep her going in order for her to heal.

There are moments in our lives when we need to take a stand. Sometimes literally, sometimes metaphorically, but generally they always involve us and others. Most of the time we all chicken out because we are too fearful of what other think of us, or how they will judge us if we take that stand. We need to stop being so worrisome of others judgmental minds and be more worrisome of our conscious minds when we know the guilt will creep in later on if we do not act in the now.

There are many moments in my life that I can look back on that I know I should have taken a stand. I should have made a statement regarding what I believed, spoken truth into someone's life, spread the word, or shared my story.... but instead I stayed quiet.

SILENCE IS FEAR

FEAR IS SATAN WINNING

Why do we allow this? Fear cannot rule our lives? Fear cannot rule our hearts? We must not allow fear to play a role in the decisions we make. The other day I was on the highway driving toward the city of Chicago and I saw a billboard that read:

EVERY DAY DO SOMETHING THAT SCARES YOU.

Huh... I thought. This was brilliant because it is perfect. We all need this challenge. Not to do something that is risky or that will risk our life, but that is scary to us or challenging. Something that we allow fear to rule in our life currently, but we need to overcome.

So, my challenge to you is...

Don't let FEAR control you.
Take a STAND.
Do  something that SCARES you.

No comments:

Post a Comment