Sunday, June 2, 2013

Publishing Small or Large

So I know I have been talking a lot about the options there are for publishing and what I would do moving forward. I have done a significant amount of research and have been really reviewing my options.

Basically everyone says to not pay anyone if you don't have to. It's the beginning and costs will come in the future, but the beginning is for getting the work and my name out there - I have to gain a following of readers and people who enjoy reading what I have to say and want more of it.

Small publishing firms are the ones that I really need to focus on and networking. I know it will take time and energy. Doing this on my own will take a lot of effort, but if all my readers share my work then it will really have the greatest effect, because then my work will go further than I could bring it on my own.

Also - The major publishers are really only there for established authors and it will take a while to get there. I have a few more books under my belt to write.

I decided to self publish. Amazon and Kindle are the place where you can find it. I am going to try that first, and while I am working on that, I will try marketing my work to other people as well as start working on the next story.

http://www.amazon.com/Exposed-Memoir-Lost-Days-ebook/dp/B00D4JZ7FM/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1370190703&sr=1-2&keywords=exposed%3A+a+memoir

I am super excited about this. I think that this is the start to something really good. I cannot wait to see what will come of this and how this will turn into something new. Also ... .Just wait for the next book.... I have so many ideas and different books to write. Let's see what comes out next!

No comments:

Post a Comment