Saturday, June 15, 2013

My Man

My man in my life has always loved me an been dependable. He's always been a part of my life and I'm blessed to say he is still around. He the man in my life that I have leaned on since the beginning - he taught me to dance, to ride a bike, to make a home made pizza - he had the patience of a million men wrapped in one. This man is my dad - and I celebrate him every day but we get to really celebrate him even more on Father's Day! 

My dad has been through so much throughout his life and it has only made him such a stronger and wiser man. I appreciate all the wisdom and love he spreads onto me. There are many things my dad has taught me but some of the most important are:

1. My heart is the wellspring of my soul
2. I am beautiful
3. Never let anyone steal my joy
4. God is the most important man I will ever need in my life
5. Family will always be there no matter what. Even when you don't want to - you do - because that's what family is for
6. I will always be loved
7. Prayer is powerful

There is a precious memory I have with my dad - daddy daughter dance - Whitney Houston's I will always love you. When I was a little girl we would go to these dances and we would dance the night away but no matter where we were and no matter what we were doing when this song came on we always went to the dance floor. I would dance on his shoe and he would twirl me around. 

On my wedding day for the daddy daughter dance I played that song or him. We danced around and he twirled me around. This was an even more precious moment. 

 
This moment he was celebrating me but Father's Day I get to celebrate him. 

I love him for who he is and all that he has given me and bestowed upon me!

No comments:

Post a Comment